• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick ? - How to safely clean threads on Injectors, IP etc

shiner13

Any suggestions/tips on how to safely clean both threaded surfaces on sensitive portions of engine, specifically such as the threaded ports for the injectors in the cylinder heads and lines in for the Injector Pump?

I'm replacing my injectors and have noticed black fouling on the threads where I pulled out the injectors, and likewise some rust-like deposits on the the threaded surfaces for the IP lines. I would like to clean them before reinstallation, but have heeded all the cautions for making sure no stray debris gets down into these areas. Does anyone have a good method for cleaning these and any safe substances to use in aiding the cleaning?

Thank you in advance

Lee

IMG_0420.jpgIMG_0421.jpg

cucvrus

Put some light machine oil on the threads and tighten them up. They will be fine. I have a 30 MM nozzle socket that works great. It is a Snap-On. diesel is nice light oil also. Hope that helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks