• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newest project, Hmmwv in PA

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Is it April ?

A quart of ATF down the intake manifold. That can't be good? Can it?

Fuel injection or hydro shock, CAMO

Dock Rocker

Is it April ?

A quart of ATF down the intake manifold. That can't be good? Can it?

Fuel injection or hydro shock, CAMO
It’s supposed to lube up the valve train. Don’t know if it works but it shouldn’t hurt anything. It does make quite a smoke show though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveiaff

The valve covers came off and I had two stuck valves. I figured I already sunk 1,500 into a new DB2 IP, lets keep going and ship it to the machine shop. Currently magna fluxed and is bored 30 over, just waiting for an engine kit while the heads are being rebuilt.

Attachments

Wire Fox

The valve covers came off and I had two stuck valves. I figured I already sunk 1,500 into a new DB2 IP, lets keep going and ship it to the machine shop. Currently magna fluxed and is bored 30 over, just waiting for an engine kit while the heads are being rebuilt.
Ouch, they took you for a ride on that IP if that was a rebuild (buying a 2nd, new pump should be worth that price). Diesel Care & Performance rebuilt and recalibrated my DB2 for about $300. Very professional quality rebuild that had all the right evidence of doing it right, plus the performance spoke for itself.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

daveiaff

IMG_4943.jpgNew heads back from machine shop, got bare castings. I had my original heads, plus 2 I found magna fluxed and the all had cracks. Maybe 2 weeks or so and should be rolling coal.

daveiaff

Up and running and motor back in Hmmwv. I'll post up some before and after picks and lay out all of the 6.5 parts that came out of engine. Short version of the rebuild. New bare casting heads, .20 over on engine bore, engine kit bearings, pistons, oil pump, water pump etc., new IP pump and injectors. I just have some diesel running up and into the air cleaner and dripping out the bottom. Will tackle that today maybe. From what I've read, maybe vent problem or lift pump diaphragm??? Any suggestions please post. Thanks

daveiaff

I don't have the tube on from the manifold to the air cleaner. Would this make a difference with the diesel dripping from the bottom a air filter cannister rubber boot? I also going to look at valve that is behind air cleaner, I think it is some type of one way vent valve, it small and is connected to a rubber hose.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have the tube on from the manifold to the air cleaner. Would this make a difference with the diesel dripping from the bottom a air filter cannister rubber boot? I also going to look at valve that is behind air cleaner, I think it is some type of one way vent valve, it small and is connected to a rubber hose.

The mechanical fuel loft pump is tied to the vent system, did you not replace your fuel pump with New during rebuild?
bad diaphragm is the culprit. The thing you say behind the coolant bottle is the fuel tank vent filter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks