• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP Pick up procedure

Otto the man

Hello all. Long time lurker and first time poster. It has been a few years but I used to make quite a few pick ups from GL and never had any problems with load out. I have never bought from GP and the pick up warnings have me concerned before I bid on anything. I never heard of an auction site that does not have a forklift available. I also don't understand this trailer ramp rule. Does this mean you need to bring your own winch and winch onto a trailer anything you buy? Any advice or insight will be very much appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Most sites DO have a forklift, but the standard GP language is "you load it from where is sits". That said, some sites WILL push load your vehicle onto an appropriate trailer, which of course in the case of a drop deck, requires you to have ramps. The sites do not have loading docks. So, ask your GP site rep what he can do to help you. You can also ask on here what others' experiences have been at various sites.

Otto the man

Thanks for the info. Contacted customer service to get the site rep contact info and was told they will not give that info out until the item is paid for. I'm not bidding on a vehicle at this time just machinery. I'll see how it goes and if need be will winch it up the ramps onto my flatbed trailer. Thanks again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks