• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accessing 4x4 and 2 speed locking cylinders.

Jamesm417

Can someone tell me how I can access the 4x4 locking cylinder, as well as the 2 speed?
Is tilting the cab necessary?
Those components are not currently operating.

Thanks,

Jim

peakbagger

I have not done so but believe you do need to tilt the cab.

In order to tilt the cab you need a set of tilt brackets. One of the members on this forum (Speedwobble?) was making reproductions and selling them. He had them listed on Ebay awhile ago but I didnt see any listings when I checked today.

I found a closed listing on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cab-Tilt-Brakcet-Set-Unimog-FLU-419-SEE-/232710472050. I think Expedition Imports was buying it from the same person

Last edited:

Road Rage

There is a regulator in the center of the truck that reduces the air pressure for those two systems.

I have traced my 4x4 and Splitter problems to that point. I plan to take the regulator out and test the system with a regulated air source...

That regulator can be accessed without the tilt. If air is not coming out of that regulator, you will not be able to sift 4x4 or splitter.

monstermog

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To access the 4x4 selector switch to replace you have to tilt. There is a small access hole under the cab at actuator. Spray some LPS1 IN THERE FIRST. Be gentle it should start working. Dirt gets in there and won't allow it to move. The actuators are expensive.

joeblack5

You can access the 4*4 cylinder and air related stuff from inside the cab by removing the panel inside the cab. See the thread I started for pictures. Good luck j

Jamesm417

I was able to get at the regulator by removing the spare tire. It apparently just need a little adjustment, and all is working now.
Thanks for the replies.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad it's working again. That device sounds like the over pressure valve that holds back air to the secondary circuits (like 4x4 and lockers) until the preset pressure is reached in the primary circuits. A safety thing, insuring brakes get first choice of air. The 4x4 and lockers run on full system air pressure in a normal Unimog.

I was able to get at the regulator by removing the spare tire. It apparently just need a little adjustment, and all is working now.
Thanks for the replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks