• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New steering wheel

beastm35

Hello all, I just got done putting a new steering wheel. The old one was cracked and looked like crap,anybody looking to do this job get a steering wheel puller or your cutting the old wheel off.The new wheel looks great and works well its 18 inch vs. 20 stock wheel not much different for turning.

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too am going to have to replace my steering wheel eventually. Did you use a standard steering wheel puller or is there one specifically for the M35?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too am going to have to replace my steering wheel eventually. Did you use a standard steering wheel puller or is there one specifically for the M35?
Picked up the one for the OD stuff years ago and never used it. Even came with the original paper work. Do believe some have used what they got in there toy box.

Attachments

Last edited:

pjwest03

I used a large split bearing puller behind the wheel and a 3 jaw puller on that. They were the available items in my shop.

URSATDX

I tried soaking it in penetrating oil, etc.
I rented/borrowed one from the local Auto Zone.
The tool bent/broke while trying to remove the old wheel.
I tried soaking it in penetrating oil again.
Ended up cutting the old wheel off to the hub and beating it with a BF hammer.
It finally came loose.

beastm35

The only problem I had was where to put the center point of the puller because of the horn button and the hole for the wire is to big the puller center go's right though it.even if you put on the nut loosely,I got shocked when the center pulley screw touched the horn button. I'm just glad that job's done. Hopefully the new steering wheel last's as long as the old one did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks