• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stand, vehicle support - NEEDED

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A 55 gal. barrel with a 2x8 across it works REAL well, the OE part is VERY easy to bend and even a dropped bucket if the detached bucket is bumped hard enough.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The OE one tends to get knocked in the ground. It would be easier and safer to fab up your own system holder.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Making something that is sort of like two engine stands made together just overgrown works best. With casters so you can move it around or so that a forklift could pick it up.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nsn #4910-01-294-3368 part# 419580 70 18 , used to support the front end loader, when removing from vechicle.
If you have the patience to look it up in the SEE/HMMH/HME thread, there are photos of a simple one I made maybe a year and a half ago.
It has two welds, but if not incorporating a trailer tongue jack it would've only been one.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, here's a pic of the dirt simple stand I made. As you can see, one weld to makeDSCN2181[1].jpg the 90 at the top and one for the jack towards the bottom.
Having a jack is obviously optional, but it does make things easier and more controllable.

monstermog

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made my own. Buy 4' 2x4 mild steel .25 thick.

Buy 2000lb trailer Jack from bull dog. Best with removable lock pin to take off after use. Also try to get one with adjustable drop leg. Quicker. And easier to use.

Another option is to mount a Jack on each side of the loader. More stable and easier to work with taking on and off.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made my own. Buy 4' 2x4 mild steel .25 thick.

Buy 2000lb trailer Jack from bull dog. Best with removable lock pin to take off after use. Also try to get one with adjustable drop leg. Quicker. And easier to use.

Another option is to mount a Jack on each side of the loader. More stable and easier to work with taking on and off.
I used 1/8-inch, possibly 3/16...what ever I had laying around. I think 1/4-inch would be real overkill for this application, and just more work to move around.
But then, with a bad back and knees, I try to keep things light.

RoJoGro

If I remember to take some picture of mine, I'll post it. I got the stand with the FLU419 when I bought it. It was self-made by the previous owner, very well done with a turning wheel on ball bearings.
(sorry for the tease, but if I don't post now I forget for sure.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks