• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 IP hydraulic head problem / needed

Multifuelburner

Hello
Does anyone have a used working HH or one of these new chinese built ones for sale or where to get them? May be someone have an IP for parts or so. We towed my deuce 100miles highway with Y army tow bar and M931. I drive 300miles that day and it stopped and will not start again. Now I spend 3 day work on the IP and checked everything and found no mistake, I put a gauge at one end of the injector lines and the HH only produce around 700psi (1000psi with pedal down) when cranking, so it could not start, the injectors did not spray anything under 3000psi...Checked the operating shaft, fulcrum lever, fuel shutoff rod, delivery valve, used new O rings on the HH, fuel system to the pump is perfect, IP pre fuel pump also working, plunger looks and moves like new, button and retainer are there, no debrits in HH, cleaned all. First thoght pump cam are worn out, so not enought stroke/pressure. Maybe a hairline crack in the HH... I also have two questions.
-When cranking engine, with fuel density compensator removed looking inside at the fulcrrum lever/operating shaft mechanism the lever stands still and don`t moved back? I thoght the centrifugally weights push them back when cranking? Wondering how is the starting full fuel amount regulated on that type of pump, or which part control this? Normally it does not matter if you push down the pedal completely in starting process or not, it will start with full fuel amount.
-When I disconect the filter return line on the tee at the HH after the overflow valve and cranking engine it comes fuel out, normally the overflow valve must hold that pressure, this could be the starting problem?

The problem is that the HH did not produce much enought pressure that the injectors starts to spray....

Thanks Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks