• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

source for HEMTT parts

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello folks I want to go through and drain and fluch the cooling system on my 88 M977 with an 8V92 in it, at the same time I would like to replace the thermostat and gasket. Where do you suggest going to where they would have these parts available? I have found places that claim they carry lots of parts for these trucks and when I call to order they never have what I am looking for, and these have been common parts. Any good suggestions would surely be appreciated.

Thanks
Karl

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks very much guys for the leads on the thermostat and gasket I got them ordered today, and guess what your suggestions had them in stock! I have another parts source questions for you I want to replace the upper and lower radiator hoses on the HEMTT while I have everything drained down and apart, any good sources for those parts?

Thanks much guys
Karl

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is no coolant, take the hoses off and take them to a mom and pop parts store, or an independent big truck parts house NOT oreilley or freightliner. I have had very good luck finding green iron parts, but it helps to have it in hand to compare to off the shelf parts or to get measurements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks