• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tow bar bracket

exoilfld

I am going to tow an m35a2 that I have yet to actually see. It has the brackets on the front for a tow bar, but I don't know what size hole the brackets have. I have access to a heavy duty tow bar and want to be sure I have the right size pins.Does anyone know the hole size and if the heavy duty bar will work on this truck?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1 inch pins for a military tow bar. I don't know if I would trust anything other the correct military tow bar.
Without seeing the tow bar can't say if it will work , but unless military with the right feet it most likely won't work safely.

exoilfld

A friend is going to tow it with his 5 ton. Another person has the tow bar to loan so I have not seen it yet. It is supposed to be a military heavy duty. I understand there is also a medium duty bar.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1" feet exist for the medium, the medium-heavy, and the heavy towbars.

A 5ton will towbar the deuce no problem. The deuce takes the same towbar feet as the 5ton so if he's set up to tow the 5ton he's set up to tow the deuce.

Last edited:

exoilfld

Sure is nice to have good people with mvpa to help and guys on this site to answer questions. I have to go out and work on my m37 now. Thanks guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks