• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 marking question

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
377 TSC Theater Sustainment Command R ( Us Army Reserve) Hq in New Orleans;
http://www.usar.army.mil/377thTSC/

316th Sustainment Command (expeditionary) in Pa
http://www.usar.army.mil/377thTSC/316thESC/

QM = Quatermaster?

My best guess. I recognized the 377th as I work for the scouts and many scouting units did operation shoe box for the troops and we delivered them to the 377th to send to the sand box.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
a ESC would be subordinate to a TSC in a major theater of operations, but not garrison or stateside normally. usually each Corps has a TSC (abnormal) or an ESC (normal) aligned to it. TSCs are normally aligned to GCCs like USAREUR or USEUCOM vs. XVIII Corps (which has 3rd ESC aligned to it). Otherwise, it would probably refers to the 316th QM Battalion, Which is currently located out of Oklahoma with a number of QM Companies under it.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replies. In non military jargon can you explain what the above means??
Oye, this'll be interesting.

In the Army Hierarchy, Corps Headquarters are about the largest unit that will deploy. We still technically have Army headquarters, but these days they don't tend to go anywhere. We also have Geographic Combatant Commands, usually aligned with each of the major theaters. EUropean COMmand has US Army Europe (USAREUR) each GCC that has an Army component, usually has a Theater Support Command (TSC) or Support Command (Expeditionary) aka Expeditionary Support Command (ESC) aligned to it. These units serve as the major hub of logistics that will support the ARmy in that theater.

For example, 21st TSC is the TSC for Europe, and provides or manages a large number of the logistics operations that occur on the continent. The TSC normally gains or maintains control of logistics units such as Sustainment Brigades, or Combat Service Support Battalions (CSSBs). There are (mainly were, but some still exist) functional battalions, such as Quartermaster, Transportation, Ordnance... These battalions will report to a Brigade, ESC or TSC depending on the structure and needs.

In this case, the units are US Army Reserve (USAR - not to be confused with USAREUR). You read bumper numbers from left to right, highest to lowest. In this case, the 377th TSC is the far left (probably). The next number could refer to an ESC, but ESCs don't usually report to TSCs unless it's under a deployed environment or support agreement. In this case, I suggested that the 316th Quartermaster Battalion is the actual next lower unit. They are located in Oklahoma but they have a number of individual companies aligned underneath them which could be spread out through a multi-state region. I'd really need the other side of the bumper number which probably indicates the actual company assigned. Either an HQ or HHC or some number combination, and then the actual trailer number.

Example, if it was assigned to the 249th QM company, 2nd Platoon, Trailer 4 you'd see something like 249QM - 2/4T or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks