• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blackout toggles do nothing

KI4FKW

Imposter switch has been removed. It was running up to the grill, but ended without reaching anything.

The blue connector was bringing positive from a wire that comes from behind the fuse panel. Disconnect it, no lights at all. So now I need to find why the headlight switch isn’t receiving positive, right? Does it receive it from the blackout toggles?

There are no other jumpers between the switches and all wires run uninterrupted back in to the factory harnesses.

Also discovered that the marker lights are painted black, so I have to uncover them. I’ll check the lights themselves next.

KI4FKW

Plot twist! While checking to see if all of the blackout lights were physically connected (they are) I found a tag bracket and tag light beneath the bed. I wonder if my bed was replaced.
2D6F8DF5-DF4F-4E91-B02C-37781D720D94.jpg

Also, the drive light is not hooked up. I found the connector coming to it, but the connector from the light to that connector is absent. I also found a loose ground in the same harness right at the light. Does that one bolt to the bottom of the drive light?

KI4FKW

GOT IT!

I was sitting around this morning and it clicked to me. The jumper I mentioned previously (the one that runs behind the fuse panel and directly to the headlight switch) was also clipped on to half of a fuse. The other half was stuck in the fuse panel. That is how the power was also getting to the blackout switches. Hard for me to explain, I guess. Anyway, I removed the part that ran to the headlight switch and boom....everything works as should.

Front left marker works completely. Right front is out (but is receiving power). Left rear is partially burned out. Right rear is out (but receiving power). Drive light is receiving power, but I am missing the last few inches of wire from the light to the harness connector.

cucvrus

You have bad grounds in the back and a bad socket in the front. Also check and make sure the 30 AMP fuse 1/2 way up on the right side of the fuse box is getting seated properly and sending the current out and thru the fuse. If you have + current all you need is a ground and all is well.

KI4FKW

Thanks! I'll check on it on my next off day. This has all been quite enjoyable. I look forward to tinkering with this thing more.

MarcusOReallyus

Nice work. Sounds like a butchered bypass job on the BO switches, maybe only partially completed and someone gave up on it.

BTW, to answer your earlier question, I don't think there's a standard way to get rid of them. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Outstanding! Step by step, grounding, all connections are to be gone over and secured accordingly. As porky has said TM manuals are available.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks