• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OD Green Paint

MarcusOReallyus

Nope. Can't delete it. It will remain a permanent monument to your shame! :mrgreen:

You ain't the first to ask, and you wont' be the last. Don't sweat it. ;)

nyoffroad

I'm looking for suggestions on the best source for original type exterior OD green paint?
A while back I saw some guy on fleabay selling OD green enamel, I don't remember much about it but it was decently priced and he said it's "the real deal" other than that I got nothing for you

cucvrus

Is it worth trying to find CARC? Is it even available to civilians?
I painted with CARC for years. IMHO it looks good but it is unforgiving and a finger nail scratch looks like a gouge. It don't look bad if you want a truck that is lightly used. It is hard to get a smooth finish and dry edges are common. I looked at many that were painted at the build plants and the paint looks rough. Supposed to but real rough. Hard to keep clean rough. I have had better results with Alkyd Enamel. Easier to spray and work with and cleans up with ease. Do as you wish. I have a few gallons of water base CARC. It sprays nice and cleans up with water. Great stuff. But I have used a few times and had bad results. Picky to humidity and needs lots of air to dry properly. Good Luck. Have a Great Day. Looks like rain here again today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks