• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock wheel offset for M1009 - switching to 16" rims

stahlfaust

I would like to know stock rim size and backspacing for the M1009.

When searching the internet I find anything from 3.7 - 4.5 " backspacing on a 8 x 15 " wheel.

Tire sizes get pretty limited for 15 " rims and I'd like to switch to 16" to be able to fit 255/85/16 or similar tall skinny tires, maybe even more skinny.

I can get 7 x 16 rims with -20, 0, or 13 mm offset/ET. Which one would be the correct one to pick?

Kaiser67M715

Offset and backspacing are two different things.

Backspace is the distance from mounting point to back of rim.

Offset is the distance from the centerline of rim to the mounting surface.

I'm not sure on stock m1009 rims, but the rallye wheels are 15x8, with a 4.5" backspace, giving it a .5" ET, or 13mm ET.

The 15x7 rallye wheels have a 3.75" backspace and a .25" ET.

There have been other rim offsets but those happen to be the most common.

You should be fine with any rim under 8" wide, and under a 13mm positive offset to no offset. Negative offset pushes the tire close to the inside of the wheel well and you may find issues there.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

stahlfaust

Thank you very much!

I was a bit confused since my truck steers like a tank.

Could be related to the 10" ET-44 rims the previous owner put there, just noticed today how big they really are (thought them to be stock).

Thank you for clarification! 👍👍👍

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks