• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this the correct transmission?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up this M38 last week. It has a flat head and no tranny. A friend of mine happens to have one. But, I am not sure if it will work.

Sorry for the bad photographs. It is tucked away and difficult to get to.
I don't think so , here is a picture of a T-90 from a CJ .

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree, transmission is not for your Jeep or should I say Jeep salad. I see a M38A1 body on a CJ-2 frame.

Lonesome715

Any idea what the transmission is? Will in not bolt up and work at all? If I am already dealing with a soup sandwich I am not all that concerned about it being"correct" as long as I can get it to work.

Unless... I can find a better option for $100. That is how much he wants with transfer case.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea what the transmission is? Will in not bolt up and work at all? If I am already dealing with a soup sandwich I am not all that concerned about it being"correct" as long as I can get it to work.

Unless... I can find a better option for $100. That is how much he wants with transfer case.
The transmission he has has a driveshaft yoke hang off it , so that indicates it was from a full size pickup with a divorced transfer case . It is unlikely you can adapt that transmission and transfer case and if you could it won't be cheap.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transmission he has has a driveshaft yoke hang off it , so that indicates it was from a full size pickup with a divorced transfer case . .
That is not correct. What we see is the yoke on the end of what seems to be a DANA 20 T-Case, which is not divorced.

It is unlikely you can adapt that transmission and transfer case and if you could it won't be cheap
The only problem I see is with the rear driveshaft, connecting a straight-through TC with a rear differential which is offset to the pass. side.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is not correct. What we see is the yoke on the end of what seems to be a DANA 20 T-Case, which is not divorced.

The only problem I see is with the rear driveshaft, connecting a straight-through TC with a rear differential which is offset to the pass. side.
It a bad picture to work with .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks