• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone running 42" tires on 17" aftermarket wheels ? If so I need your help...

JoeJrTheBarber

Anyone running 42" tires on 17" aftermarket wheels ? If so I need your help...

Question:

I just installed a 4" lift on my Humvee (2" spring and 2" body) and now have room for bigger tires. Since my truck is more of a on-road daily driver and not a rock crawler by any means I think Im going to go with a aftermarket 17" wheel and a 42" tire more for looks then anything. My question is if anyone on here is running the same or something similar what size / backspace wheel and size tire are you running ?

The current proposed setup is a 17x9.5" wheel with a 42x14.4x17 tire. One thing I am not sure about is what sorta backspae / offset would i need to keep the tire from rubbing on the inside / suspension ?

As always any and all help is appreciated. And for the 42" haters please keep the comments to yourself.

Thanks !

Dock Rocker

I am a 42 hater. 41’s are cool as are 43’s but those 42’s just rub me the wrong way!

All that aside I believe the factory wheels have a +50 offset. It’s going to be tough to find that commercially. Most people go with a +20 offset and that moves it out about an Inch toward the fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeJrTheBarber

Pick up my new tires and wheels this week !
Ended up going with Black Rhino 17x9.5" wheels along with Cooper Discovery STT Pro's in a 40x13.5x17 .
Will post pics when their on the truck...

Rmtaunton

42 15.50 on stock wheels will hit a bolt head when turned about halfway when 70 percent of wait is on that tire going down a rutted hill , and that’s all the rubbing it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeJrTheBarber

Looks fantastic! Very good fit for the look. Too bad they don’t have more pos offset. But they don’t seem to be too pushed out.
The wheels are build to order so you can have as much offset put into them as you desire. I like the look of the wheels within (or as close to) the fenders as possible.

Action

Space between ? Not exactly sure what your asking. The new wheels mount as any other wheel does.
Guess the answer would be a garden hose ?
When looking at a bigger image of this pic, is looks like there is a back mounting plate and a front (outer) plate. Or is that just the lighting. Look at the edge of the center hole.

JoeJrTheBarber

When looking at a bigger image of this pic, is looks like there is a back mounting plate and a front (outer) plate. Or is that just the lighting. Look at the edge of the center hole.

Nope. This is a CNC'ed wheel that mounts up to the Humvee with eight lugs just like the stock wheels do. No spacers. No modifications.
Wheel1.jpg Wheel2.jpg Wheel3.jpg

The larger 6 bolts are nothing more than design / decoration, as are the screws that are going around the perimeter.

Last edited:

Skrilex

Banned
How much were they if you don’t mind the ask?

i didn’t know you could custom order offset on these. They list a +6mm offset on the spec, but you got more?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks