• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2007 MEP-806B no-start

robertsears1

I would second checking the magnetic pickup. I have a MEP 804a that ran fine and all of a sudden it would not start, it would crank fine but it acted like it wasn’t getting fuel. Following the troubleshooting guide, I primed the snot out of it and nothing. Guyfang suggested checking the Magnetic Pickup and that was the problem—it had a piece of metal on the end. Cleaned and reset it and it cranked fine. The troubleshooting guide did not mention the MPU until further down the road—I suggest checking that first since it controls the fuel.

Robert

Guyfang

Staff member
So did you check the magnetic pick up, which is what controls the electronic actuator on top of the IP? Because that is what 9 times out of 10, is the problem. I sat next to this computer for 2 hours the other day, in the hope that you would answer. After all, we both posted at approximately the same time. 19:45 my time.

You don't have to call John Deere. After all, this is NOT an engine problem. John Deere doesn't use a Electronic Actuator. And John Deere can not help you with it without looking at the Military manuals. And guessing a bunch. If your still willing to give it a shot, then lets go!

Why didn't you write before Now. January. We could have had this fixed before now. So let do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks