• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

clutch job help

beastm35

Hello,I'm going to be doing the rear main seal and a new clutch in a m35a2 with no winch divorced P.T.O. Where i live I really don't have a good place to take the truck apart,it's dirt or uneven asphalt.Plus I have never done this job before and really don't want to get the job half done then have problems.Plus I really don't have the money to pay a pro 2000 dollars for labor. Is there anyone in the local area of N.E C.T that has a good spot and is willing to help me do this, has to be a weekend job for work schedule.I can pay labor to help not looking for anything free just not alot,plus this will help me learn how to do it on my own next time.. Thanks

snowtrac nome

shouldn't be that much you pull up the floor hang the trans on a comealong and tanker bar supported between the front windshield and back of the cab you slide the trans back change they clutck and slide the trans back in. the oil pan must come off as I remember the multi fuel has a rope seal you need to remove the rear main cap and and rear bearing to fish the new rope seal in. these trucks are easy to work on I pulled an engine at a mine in a down pour this weekend will re install next weekend when the clutch stuff arrives.

Welder1

shouldn't be that much you pull up the floor hang the trans on a comealong and tanker bar supported between the front windshield and back of the cab you slide the trans back change they clutck and slide the trans back in. the oil pan must come off as I remember the multi fuel has a rope seal you need to remove the rear main cap and and rear bearing to fish the new rope seal in. these trucks are easy to work on I pulled an engine at a mine in a down pour this weekend will re install next weekend when the clutch stuff arrives.
The multifuel has a regular style seal not a rope seal. It’s recoomended to replace it when you do the clutch. Also the flywheel only goes on in one position so mark it before you remove it.

snowtrac nome

The multifuel has a regular style seal not a rope seal. It’s recoomended to replace it when you do the clutch. Also the flywheel only goes on in one position so mark it before you remove it.
sorry for the misinformation been 15 years since I have been that deep into one. regardless its a pretty easy job to yank the trans on one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks