• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new MV 1955 M38A1

Koolkats

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can provide me with some info on my new MV. It was a barn find that was purchased 25 years ago by the sellers Dad. It has all of the correct data plates with serial number on the dash matching the plate on wheel well behind passenger seat.

The hard top appears to have been installed by the Army and there are hookups for propane tanks in rear cargo. The intake manifold has copper lines for propane as well. The exhaust has a flange at the tailpipe for an extension or attachment. It is a 24 volt system that appears to be intact.

The body is painted green, however there is yellow paint visible below in some spots. The front fenders, which are badly corroded have turn signal indentations like a CJ5.
20180802_192032.jpg
I have attached photos to better explain.

Thanks,

Sean
Thanks20180804_150709.jpg20180804_132750.jpgIMG_0341.jpgIMG_0335.jpg20180802_220503.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! We can help you figure your M38A1 out. Behind the drivers seat on the sponson, there is a bracket, are you thinking this is for propane tanks? If so, that is not the case, that is the MT-299 mount for the VRC-10 radio set. The tube attached to the carburetor that has copper lines is also not related to propane. These lines are for crucial ventilation of the sealed distributor. The Koenig hard top is not the same as the military issue "arctic enclosure", so I suspect it was added by a civilian. In fact, I believe the entire Jeep was restored by a civilian long ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks