• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 / RT524 radio questions

2deuce

I have a antenna base brush cover with up arrows for the M1009 and 08. The rubber window gasket is in the way with the m009 arrow up. If I mount it with the M1008 arrow up it barely protects the antenna base. I hope this is right.
My antenna base is mounted just outside from the radio table. I have a large box of cables, the diagram says that the AN/VRC46 takes a cx4722, I have a bunch of CX4722a cables. Are they the same?
I also have a c2299 box. Can I use it to remote the headset and mic? and still have another mic and headset at the RT524? While this is only a display I would like to get it right.
What is used to keep the weather out of the antenna cable hole in the fiberglass top? silicone or was there a rubber plug with cable holes or something?
Where is the antenna whip fastened down?

Thanks

m38inmaine

Not sure on the antenna guard, a picture would help. The CX-4722 cables would be the same may just be different lengths. You will need a CX-4723 to go from the MT-1029 to the C2299 remote box, you can still have a mike at the radio if you want. There is a special grommet for the cables to go through the roof cap, if I recall they seem to be difficult to find. There is a standard/universal antenna tie down kit for all mv's.

2deuce

After studying many pictures I determined the arrows on the brush guard point to the base so that is the way it is mounted. I have a sugar scoop but I can't find one picture where it's used. It is difficult to find a picture close up so I might have missed one bit it looks like it isn't used. I was questioning which way to mount it.

thanks

2deuce

I'm also trying to figure where the c2299 should be mounted. I originally thought the bracket in the dash center but now not sure as no position looks right. Any ideas?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Sugar scoop is not for a CUCV.

Antenna hole has a groumet that protect from most of the rain from coming through.

C2299 was from taking the signal from one radio and retransmitting that signal through a second radio. (That's a simplified version). You won't use it for the intercom.

I did a thread on this back about 2007 or 2008 with photos you can do the search on CARNAC and AM1780 and it will should come up.

In brief

CX-4720 power cable from right side rear vehicle power junction box.
to
MT1029 radio mount
12 series (RT524, RT246, AM2060 w/RT841,) radio in mount
CX4722 or 4722a (either) from radio to antenna base MX6707 to antenna itself. The CG1773 antenna cable also goes from radio to MX6707
Antenna base is in a special mount only used on the CUCV. Brush guard was a bonus.

If you have a receiver R442 then you have some other mounts and cables. Here is a link for install in a HMMWV. It's is basically the same in a CUCV but you have to use the CUCV mounts.

https://www.hmmwvinscale.com/radiosetanvrc47.htm

If you want to add an intercom, you will need to seek my 2007/8 thread.

2deuce

I plan on using the an/grc 46 set up. I thought I'd use the c-2299 on the dash to plug in the headset and mic. I wanted to hang a LS-454 speaker on the dash also and connect it directly to the RT-524 where the headset plugs in but wasn't sure that would work. I don't have an intercom system and probably don't need that in a M1009, but this is basically for display and the VIC1 would look good. Carnac, I couldn't find your post. There are very many posts out there and maybe my search parameters are not good. I'm thinking a surge protector would be nice insurance in case the RT524 does work or I ever get it to. I only paid $75 for it at an estate sale so it's doubtful. I should have all the cables I need. Thanks for the advice.

papakb

The surge protector is unnecessary in a wheeled vehicle. It was designed for tracked vehicles that have large solenoids switching on and off that create transients.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks