• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Speedometer Insanity

toxicroadkill

Hello all, when I bought my m1009, it had 31" tires, and the speedometer was reasonably accurate. Now that it has 33's on it, the speedo is off of course..

Can anyone shed some light on what speedometer gear combo's the driven and drive gears need to be to get the speedo back to being reasonably accurate.

It has the original ratio adapter "777F1.3000" still attached.

my neighbor has one also, and also 33's and his speedo is correct.

both vehicles have the yellow 41 tooth driven gear and the same ratio adapter "777F1.3000"

from looking at his and mine, it looks like my drive gear is a 15 tooth, and his is a 18 tooth. it's very difficult to tell the colors of the drive gear by looking in the transfer case housing, so I'm not 100% sure if the drive gear tooth count is accurate. but that's what I "think" they are, but not 100% sure.

figured someone here has ran into the same issue, and knows the exact gear combo to use.

also, does anyone have a part number for the transfer case tailshaft housing gasket? planning on changing the drive gear, bushing and seal, and would prefer to use a gasket and not RTV if at all possible.

any help would be very much appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved to correct forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks