• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surplus Auction for Humvees

Wire Fox

Well, there's a lot of factors here, most summarized by its exact model: It's an M1045A2, Marine Corps slantback configuration. It's "more awesome" than a regular HMMWV by being a weapon platform, has a deep water fording kit installed, the engine is the 6.5 by design, the transmission is a 4 speed 4L80E, and the chassis is rated for a heavier load. For road usability, it has no "off road only" restriction, making registration much simpler in most states. I have a feeling that most of those other HMMWVs were M998, M1038, M998A1, or M1038A1 trucks, which are lighter troop/cargo trucks that typically have the DLA "off-road use only" restriction applied to them, which keeps the prices from going too high.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
cause someone has an issue with clicking their mouse too much.

and that off chance that someone's wife left them unsupervised while on the auction site. That happens alot.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two noobs both saw it and each decided he was going to get it at all cost. They each figured they'd be one bid above a good price.... and so it continued until the price went way high and eventually one of them ran out of funds.

russojap

Would someone mind briefing me on whats going on with these, or point me to some threads that cover it? I thought these were nearly impossible to get, and couldn't be out on the road, and only the ones that were already out there were it. What happened, has it really changed? I've always thought these things were incredible looking machines and would be the ultimate military vehicle. Thank you.

Edit: Well , maybe the Deuce is really the ultimate MV, but at least AAA would cover the tow on a Humvee.
Plus you don't have to worry about crushing somebody's SUV in it, M35 is scary heavy.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would someone mind briefing me on whats going on with these, or point me to some threads that cover it? I thought these were nearly impossible to get, and couldn't be out on the road, and only the ones that were already out there were it. What happened, has it really changed? I've always thought these things were incredible looking machines and would be the ultimate military vehicle. Thank you.
You have a lot of reading to do. HMMWVs have been sold via auction for a couple years now. There are variations per state on title restrictions, and on how they come out of auction. Just start reading through the HMMWV forum and some of the title and auction threads.

russojap

You have a lot of reading to do. HMMWVs have been sold via auction for a couple years now. There are variations per state on title restrictions, and on how they come out of auction. Just start reading through the HMMWV forum and some of the title and auction threads.
Ok,thank you, I haven't been around in a few years after getting a little discouraged with some issues about my Deuce , and the inability to find a suitable CARC substitute. Now I come back and there's new paint and new vehicles. If I had imagined that happening I would have been saving up...thanks.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The #8 cylinder cracking was a General Motors built engine issue. The 6.5 engines used in the Humvee were built by GEP. Do you know of a constantly re occurring cracking problem on the Humvees?
There was a period of time prior to GEP starting production in 2000 that 6.5 equipped HMMWVs had GM 6.5 engines. These have the cracking issue, which is why GEP had to do design changes to the engine.

dilvoy

I see, I had not seen any 6.5's in Humvees that did not have the GEP Sticker on them. I'm guessing that this General Motors 6.5 supply was just NA engines? Is thta correct?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cracking issue was mostly on GM Turbo 6.5's.
Lots a GM NA 6.5's out there.
I have 2 ea. vans with GM NA 6.5's

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cracking issue was mostly on GM Turbo 6.5's.
Lots a GM NA 6.5's out there.
I have 2 ea. vans with GM NA 6.5's
Yes. I don't think the HMMWV ever had GM turbo 6.5s but the H1 Hummers sure did. Stanadyne pump gave owners fits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks