• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, I guess I just joined the club...

Ronmar

I won a GP bid this morning for a M1079 cab and chassis in Lakewood WA. I have a local guy who can help me trailer it home, does anyone know exactly where the lakewood vehicles are located?

Now the fun begins...:)

spankybear

They are at Richie Brothers in Chehalis. At least mine was... Like Exit 72 off the 5 (I5 for those not from California)

spankybear

They come out of Fort Lewis DRMO. If it's still at Ft Lewis it's off of Exit 124 off I5 If I remember right. But they have changed how to get on the base.

FullSpecial

Are you sure it is listed as Lakewood? Havent seen any trucks there in a month or so just stuff. If it is Lakewood it is in the north west corner of the Holroyd yards next to Walmart, 7001 Bridgeport Way 98499.

Ronmar

Yep, the location is listed as lakewood, think I can see WM in the background of one of the auction pics:) I know exactly where that is at now, thanks.

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

the lake wood yard is shared with a cement company Justin gave me some good instructions had no problem with pick up I fixed the no start on site and drove mine away.

Ronmar

Used to make runs to McChord from PA and that is right along one of my alternate routes to the narrows bridge, so should be pretty easy to duck that hwy 16 interchange construction.

This 1079(minus the box so basically a M1080) looks to have a good drivetrain and starts with a jump, but no windshield and some electrical problems/no signals or warning lights. And I have to move it about 100 miles.

Wasnt expecting the 4-8 week EUC wait though.

Spankybear, you just got a 1078 right? How long did it take them to process your EUC?

Ronmar

Congrats! Are you planning to keep the box on it?I bought my 1079 last March.
Our 1079 dosnt have the box, so it is basically a M1080(cab and chassis) Since we were planning on building our own to our spec on a used box truck chassis, this was perfect. And it is SOO much more truck:)

spankybear

Well that sucks... want to get this thing home so I can start working on it... thanks!
I know the part about wanting to work on it... I have been working so much and hadn't had a day off in while... and when I did get a day off it rained... You are in Washington you will understand... Heck Had a friend out of state ask is I was working the weekend... Told him to take a look at the weather report. Rain = weekend off...

coachgeo

I know the part about wanting to work on it... I have been working so much and hadn't had a day off in while... and when I did get a day off it rained... You are in Washington you will understand... Heck Had a friend out of state ask is I was working the weekend... Told him to take a look at the weather report. Rain = weekend off...
been having same problem in OH all year. Seems to only rain or snow on saturdays... my only full day off.

spankybear

Any word on when you will get it? There's a m1079 box on Craig's list right now in the puget sound area

Ronmar

No idea, they said 4-8 weeks for the TSC to approve new EUC requests(2-3 weeks for someone with a previous approval). So hopefully only another 2 weeks but it could be as many as 6:0...

Thanks for the heads up on the box, but that was why I even threw a bid at this cab/chassis as I really want to build my own hab from the basement up...

pontiac62

Used to make runs to McChord from PA and that is right along one of my alternate routes to the narrows bridge, so should be pretty easy to duck that hwy 16 interchange construction.

This 1079(minus the box so basically a M1080) looks to have a good drivetrain and starts with a jump, but no windshield and some electrical problems/no signals or warning lights. And I have to move it about 100 miles.

Wasnt expecting the 4-8 week EUC wait though.

Spankybear, you just got a 1078 right? How long did it take them to process your EUC?
You’ll be doing good to get it in the 4-8 week period.

I got my m1081 in July delivered in August 2017. EUC not needed at the time either but got caught up in the SF97 paper shortage. I had applied for the title from gp. Took till December 2017 to get the title from gp.

Some might say your comparing apple to oranges I beg to differ Shows how slow the goberment system can go when there’s a hickup in the system.

Yes I had truck in hand but no legal way to drive it on the road.

Funny thing about the situation I’m from Michigan an my paperwork had to be sent to Michigan in my backyard then back to gp then back to Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
I bought my 1079 direct from GSA, had all the paperwork in hand within 30 days... and the truck within 2 weeks
Bought a generator via govplanet and just getting it picked up was a nightmare

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks