• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 fuel problem

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took it apart and the connection was partly soldered so I re- soldered it and primed the truck, run for about 5 minuets and died again... I am at a loss now..
Forget the soldering and BRAZE that joint....these trucks vibrate a lot, and the vibrations will cause the soft solder joint to crack again and either allow air to be sucked into fuel line or (better yet, ask me how I know) break off and the pickup tube will fall off into the farthest reaches of the fuel tank.

74M35A2

Once original is removed, I would probably only re-install a newly fabricated one. Can be bought or made, people here have done both, successfully. For anybody doing this on a cargo bed M939 series, the tank or bed need to be pulled for enough clearance to remove the tube. The stock top fitting is an inverted flare, which is somewhat of an oddity. More common for a replacement is a male flare, known as a JIC or -AN fitting. In this case, a great time to replace this hose at the same time.

TedCat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have stainless tubes ready to go if that helps. The fitting end is male JIC so it would be the time to ditch the copper fuel tubes and go full push lock. Hope you get it figured out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks