• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2018 - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migginsbros

We did not have the FLU419 SEE for very long (perhaps 2013) and wanted to give him a try.
We drove out of town to dig in the area.
It did not take long, the neighbor or the owner of the forest passing by.
He was really upset and we had to leave before we really started.:grin::grin:

Unimog SEE Ausfahrt29.12.13 005.jpg Unimog SEE Ausfahrt29.12.13 003.jpg Unimog SEE Ausfahrt29.12.13 004.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M936 Wrecker is waiting for some work and a couple more votes. We are really impressed with the number of votes
it got early on. Thanks for all the support. We needed the lift... get it, "lift".

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We did not have the FLU419 SEE for very long (perhaps 2013) and wanted to give him a try.
We drove out of town to dig in the area.
It did not take long, the neighbor or the owner of the forest passing by.
He was really upset and we had to leave before we really started.:grin::grin:

That's called "Trespassing" here in the States QUOTE]

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"And lead us not into temptation" comes to mind here rofl
Chaplain, I love your trailer. It's Old School from top to bottom. The wooden interior would make it a very cool camper. Anyway if you ever decide to part with her, PM me first. I just might wander down to Texas and buy that M275A2, and bring that trailer home.:grin:

Last edited:

Migginsbros

Time To Vote-----Poll closed in a few hours-------

It´s not easy to get the feeling to operate the backhoe especialy to unlatch the boom.
But even the young operator learned quickly.

Kiesgrube2017 085.jpgKiesgrube2017 082.jpgKiesgrube2017 083.jpg
Kiesgrube2017 084.jpgKiesgrube2017 093.jpgKiesgrube2017 091.jpg
Kiesgrube2017 092.jpgKiesgrube2017 088.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chaplain, I love your trailer. It's Old School from top to bottom. The wooden interior would make it a very cool camper. Anyway if you ever decide to part with her, PM me first. I just might wander down to Texas and buy that M275A2, and bring that trailer home.:grin:
Thank you. She is unique.

We had considered modifying the 220KAK into an "rolling palace" complete with windows, RV-type entry door(s), and all the comforts of a travel trailer. However, once we realized that we'd be butchering what may well be the last of her species, we have decided to keep her as original as practical - WITH safety grades, and restorative paint, etc..

To deploy her as a camping/bug-out-ready toter is now the plan. She's got lots of room to bed down inside if we're "on the run", yet carrying capacity for just about everything including kayaks and ATV's.

The 220KAK has a name as well!
We call her THE FOLLOWER.

All of our MV's have faith-based names:

Our DEUCE was our "first born" into the motor pool. We christened it THE ARK... Our original "bug-out" vehicle. We thought that name summed up her secondary purpose as a vehicle for surviving a "world class" catastrophe with our household of (at the time we got her) two adults, a teenager, and 6 dogs & 8 cats. (We're now just 2 adults, 4 dogs and 2 cats.)

Next came the M105 trailer. She's called THE RAINBOW. If you check out the Biblical story of Noah and the Ark, it was the RAINBOW that followed that epic event - a sign of God's promise to never again destroy the earth by flood. (Please note, HE never ruled out using FIRE next time.) For our purposes, THE RAINBOW will indeed be right behind THE ARK if we ever necessarily bug-out.

Our third MV was the 220KAK. And, envisioning we'd be acquiring a tow vehicle, we named her THE FOLLOWER.... and predetermined the tow vehicle's name to be THE SHEPHERD. Hence, THE SHEPHERD shall "lead" THE FOLLOWER. ... and we now have the XM818 as that tow vehicle.

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you and I appreciate every vote. Every one who voted for beast your taxes will be reduced next year lol lol.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't have put beast together without some great friends who help build.

Andy
Johnathan
Robert
Pat
Cbr metal

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Applause, SALUTE, Whistling & Screaming ! ! !

Congratz to our winner! :goodjob:

And well deserved appreciation for all of our other entrants as well. [thumbzup]

By the way, have I ever mentioned that as a little child I won SECOND place in a Beautiful Baby Contest my mother had entered me into?
Yup.....Everyone else tied for FIRST PLACE!!!! :???:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks