• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle markings

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having trouble finding the specs for painting on the hood and door markings fo my m51. I'd have sworn I've seen it before. Even had a picture referencing where to measure from and letter sizes. Can't find it now. Here's the style I'm trying to emulate.

Attachments

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you, by chance, recall which tm? -10, -20, etc? I was looking, but didn't find in my searches.

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone for the help. Here's what I found.

TB 746-93-1 is from 1964. It has the markings on the hood and white stars on the hood and doors, etc.

TB 43-2090 was from 1976 and superceded TB 746-93-1. It covers the camo patterned paint. Very helpful, almost a paint by numbers diagram.

67Beast

The markings are the same sizes as the markings on M35's and other trucks of the era. The only difference is in the tire pressure marking numbers being higher for the 5 ton's. If you need some help figuring out the markings you can contact me trough my markings website, www.deltateamdecals.com and I can work you up a kit to fit your M51.

mcv1964

The markings are the same sizes as the markings on M35's and other trucks of the era. The only difference is in the tire pressure marking numbers being higher for the 5 ton's. If you need some help figuring out the markings you can contact me trough my markings website, www.deltateamdecals.com and I can work you up a kit to fit your M51.
Love this web site it had a lot of great info, wish I was close to this stage. I'll get a hold of you when I get to this point in 5 or 6 years...lol!

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I was doing a "quick and dirty" rattle can job for now so that it was one color at least. Used some posterboard. I intend to redo it the right way next summer. I'll probably hit you up when it's time for that.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks