• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery compartment holes

rcamacho

My 998 has (3) large holes in the side of the compartment toward the drivetrain tunnel. Any idea what they were for?

Temporarily taped them over as it was pulling very hot air into the compartment and cab at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoonsc1

maybe this will give you the info you are looking for.

TM 9-2320-280-20-2
Change 2 4 - 1 1 3
Section VI. BATTERY SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
4 - 7 1 . B AT T E RY SYSTEM MAINTENANCE TASK SUMMARY

Capture.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some of the big rubber plugs you could silicone in. They typically have a split flange hold them in but I don't have any spare flanges. Should decrease your problem. Send pm

papakb

Just measure the diameter of the holes and Google "hole plugs". You can also find them at places like McMaster-Carr, www.mcmaster.com. The commercially available plugs will snap right in and blank off the holes and are pretty inexpensive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks