• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

-10/-8AN Fuel Fittings & Braided Hose for M818

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finished up an install of -10AN supply and -8AN return fuel lines on my M818. It replaces push-lock hose and fittings I installed in 2010. There was nothing wrong with that system I just thought this looked cooler. The braided nylon/steel hose and all the black anodized fitting are Made in USA products from Fragola Performance Systems. The hose separators are from Billet Specialties. I replaced everything from the left tank (primary tank with my fuel storage system) to the filter, filter to PT pump and from the hard return line back to the tank. While at it, I also replaced my priming hand pump, and all it's associated tubing and fittings.

IMG_3429.jpgIMG_3431.jpgIMG_3433.jpgIMG_3464.jpgIMG_3437.jpg

The -10AN to 3/4" inverted flair adapter fitting on the fuel tank is a Speedflow product from Australia, but I was able to order it through the big auction site near the Bay.

In order to neatly transition the return line to a -8AN fitting, I replaced the "unobtainium" Cummins issued tee with a non-compatible 45 degree flair with a custom tee. The custom tee consists of a 5/16" inverted flair (return line) to 1/4"NPT male fitting, 1/4" inverted flair (cooling line) to 1/4"NPT male fitting and a 1/4"NPT male to 1/4"NPT female fitting all attached to 1/4"NPT female tee. With this set-up a -8AN to 1/4"NPT female adapter can readily be installed.

IMG_3460.jpgIMG_3458.jpgIMG_3472.jpgIMG_3456.jpg

A test drive around town today and all was good with no leaks and normal throttle response.

TedCat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The braided hoses look awsome! I did mine in pushlock when I had a science project growing in my fuel. I also started making stainless steel pickup tubes to replace the pickup and return. Nice thing is those eliminated the inverted flare and went to JIC.20171014_163152.jpg20171014_163027.jpg

Last edited:

sandcobra164

I'm interested in one of the stainless steel pickup tubes. What would be the price including shipping to 31763 for a 80 gallon M923 tank?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks