• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper Floor pans for the M1009

codematic

im finally getting to my floor pans in the CUCV Blazer. I am seeing many differences in the pans ordered (mill supply), but i see the exact same replacement pan designs with LMC and everyone elses.

anyone have this same issue?
Where can the proper replacement pans be found?

Issues
The replacement floor pans for behind the front seat have a tight 90 bend up to the rear cargo area. This bend is not the same as the slight curve the factory floors have. Im only replacing the driver side, not the passenger side so they need to match.

this is a pic of the passenger side to show the details.

1) notice the curve from the horizontal to vertical surfaces
2) the addition of the bump out for the frame rail to pass under
20180819_112331.jpg

Floor pan ordered from Milisupply, but also the same as the one on LMC truck and other places. note the sharp bend and the lack of the frame rail bump.

20180819_112348.jpg

3) the panel level drop at the door seal is not in the proper place, its 1.5 inches too far to the rear and not deep enough.

panel pulled away from the sidewall to show the detail..

20180819_112448.jpg
so where can the pans be sourced that actually fit?

i don't have a choice i need to replace nearly the whole pan as there is either large holes or pin holes all over it.

thanks...

cucvrus

Find a K5 in a scrap yard and cut the floors out. I have a parts M1009. Not sure if the floor is perfect but it is in Pennsylvania. You could also make your own floor. I mean if it fits and does the job all is well. I never seen a perfect match on the Taiwan replacement parts. I just cut up a 1991 K5 and scrapped it. That floor was trashed at the B pillars and solid in the back. In California there are a lot of custom shops. If they have an English wheel they could work that radius into the pans for you. Good Luck. Talented sheet metal guys are hard to find now a days.

codematic

yea, were getting to the point were suitable donor vehicles are getting rare...

well put the word out that the "Drop in" replacement pans clearly ARE NOT.

thanks all..

cucvrus

I wouldn't go back as far as the lower radius. I would piece it in up to that point and grind and finish it even as nice as possible. I would have the entire floor LineXed and it would hardly be visible. I agree they are hard to find and the are going to get worse as time goes on. More and more are scrapped each day. I cut my drivers side rear floor for the gun butts that someone needed here. This is a parts M1009. Shame I had it for 20 years and used a lot of parts off of it. It still keeps giving. I sent the roof gutters to a member here also.

nyoffroad

More than likely you'll end up having to use the AM' fits none' and that's where a hammer/dolly and snips come in handy.
An English wheel ? Really CUCVUS I doubt that that anymore than 1 in 20 body men have the faintest idea of whet that is and even fewer know how to use it! It truly is a lost art and real tin knockers are too.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless it is a museum quality restoration , it's probably not that big of a deal if the bend is a little off.

codematic

Unless it is a museum quality restoration , it's probably not that big of a deal if the bend is a little off.
its more than a bend, its an entire "channel" that is bumped out to allow room for the frame rail to pass through. Without it, the pans simply don't fit.

Ive talked to a number of manufacturers who claim "restoration quality drop-ins" for the blazer with these pans and they, unsurprisingly, are not remotely interested in doing anything even with the false claims.. so YMMV on these products.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks