• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2018 KAMO Rally Oct 5th-7th (Kansas Arkansas Missouri Oklahoma)

Flyingvan911

I will message Dewayne (the owner of the park) to see. It shouldn’t matter as long as you drive a black TransAm. He, he. There’s a little truck stop called the Turtle Stop just a tiny bit further west on highway 60 for anyone who wants to fill up before pulling in to the park. They also have a do it yourself truck wash.

Torquewrench

We could start putting together a convoy. My wife-to-be and I will probably be leaving here Friday sometime .
Plan to attend for first time this year. Will drive the HMMWV up from Rogers, AR. Likely a couple riders.

Seems like I remember reading last year a bridge was out - is there a map or directions?
Will come up from Rogers Friday morning - probably up 43 thru Tiff City. Will stay at River Bend Friday and Sat night.

Besides lawn chairs, food and drinks, anything else might ought to bring?
Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

77 AMG

So, is any one going to have an M35A2 there? I *really* need to look at a brake line to see where the heck it is supposed to go. Also, ever notice that when you have "extra" money before a road trip, something important takes a dump and claims that "extra"?

77 AMG

What brake line are you referring to
On the crossmember that carries the hard brake line to the PASSENGER side, then forward to the nose, there is a smaller hard line that is "t ing" out of the line on the crossmember and pointed (roughly) towards the master cylinder. I want to say that it looks like it would be a "by-pass" for excess brake pressure, but, that doesn't make any sense.

Attachments

Last edited:

jwright

I think that is the vent off the air pack . The small line goes to the top of the master . If you follow the line to the front of the truck it should go up the fire wall and make U shape down to a vent cap , if you follow it the other way I believe it will go to the fuel tank vent .

jwright

Check the top the master cylinder I bet someone's pulled the elbow off and put a plug in its place. If so you could either reconnected back to the master cylinder or pulled a small copper line off and put a plug in the T

77 AMG

I don't think that the picture is showing the line very well. The line in question is coming OUT of an actual brake line that has fluid in it. The M/C has an extended vent line up to the firewall, coming from the opening in the M/C cap that HAD an elbow in it. I simply ran a soft line up the firewall and to a container, for a "remote" style fluid res. I haven't found any open fittings on the M/C.I need to see if I can get a better picture. Man, I wished someone close to me had a Deuce sitting around... JamieBoy?

jwright

I will have to look when I get home but I'm almost 100% positive that small copper line is supposed to be a vent for the master . And you're not supposed to have any fluid in that line unless you're air pack is going bad . Let me look when I get home

77 AMG

Jjwright, that looks like mine, all right. It's just weird seeing a vent line like that, in what looks like it should be a pressure line. Thanks for following up!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks