• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Type G Injection Pump

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck has a type G Injection Pump and will not start without ether and will not stay running after that. The button had fallen off the old HH so I put that back on and tried to start it. It sputters and won’t stay running and there are major fuel leaks on top of the HH.
I put a different HH on and on this one I get no fuel at all.
After ready an old post on here last night I am thinking the new head is not correct for the Injection Pump. Does anyone know if I can pull the inside of the old HH and put it in the newer housing to make one good HH?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at TM 9-2910-226-34 page 3-75. If you do indeed have a G pump then the correct heads are HD 9065A and HD 9085A as they have the oil passage. On that same page it tells us if we use another head that does not have the oil passage we must block off the passage in the IP. Good thing would be to look over that TM and also the trouble shooting the LDS 465 to help you with any problems.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I was told a while ago, one of the hyd heads has a longer plunger than the others. Do you know if thats the G pump?

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The old HH has the oil passage with a bolt going into it to block the passage which after much struggling I found out you have to remove before taking out the Head. The new one doesn’t. I am going to compare the two side by side tonight to see if one is longer. Like I said, the old one is leaking fuel everywhere, but at least pumps fuel, but the new one pumps no fuel. I’m thinking I can gut the old one and use the body of the new one with the old parts and hopefully it will work without leaking. The truck wants to run, but because of the leaks I believe it is sucking to much air. Lost of white smoke and stalling out.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That bolt /oil filter problem needs to be address. I have never worked on a G pump so I don't know if it lets oil into the IP and is injected if not caped off. You could have other problems other than just a leaking head O ring. As I said look over the TM I listed and the LDS 465 troubleshooting manual and you will most likely find your problem by going step by step.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shaft is longer on the Type G hydraulic head. I tried putting the quill shaft from the old head into the new head but still no fuel.. Right now my options are to search for a compatible new hydraulic head or try to fix the leaking old one. If anybody has a source for a HD 9065A please let me know. In the mean time I might as well try to fix this one. I’m not real sure if the HD 90113A will fit it also? The TM seems to suggest that it will.

rustystud

The shaft is longer on the Type G hydraulic head. I tried putting the quill shaft from the old head into the new head but still no fuel.. Right now my options are to search for a compatible new hydraulic head or try to fix the leaking old one. If anybody has a source for a HD 9065A please let me know. In the mean time I might as well try to fix this one. I’m not real sure if the HD 90113A will fit it also? The TM seems to suggest that it will.
I'm not sure about the HD 90113A fitting. There was not many of the "G" style pumps made for the deuce. You would do better trying to fix your old Hydraulic Head or buy a newer style injection pump. If you do decide to buy a different pump I would be interested in buying your old pump off you. I haven't had the chance to get my hands on a "G" style pump yet.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It figures!! I was just looking for a good truck to pull my trailer down to the lake and I just happen to buy the one that is impossible to find parts for. I almost feel like it’s a shame to part it out. It would sure be nice to make take it back to original again.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So it wasn't on the shelf(or adjacent shelf) I thought it was on. I know i have one somewhere, just dont have much time to look with 12hr shifts. I'll look some more tomorrow morning.

rustystud

It figures!! I was just looking for a good truck to pull my trailer down to the lake and I just happen to buy the one that is impossible to find parts for. I almost feel like it’s a shame to part it out. It would sure be nice to make take it back to original again.
Actually the injection pump, along with many other parts would have been changed out by now. This is a 1970 year model right ? After 48 years the original pump would more then likely have already failed several times by now. As would the transmission, a couple of differentials and other assorted parts. I'm sure the engine has been replaced too. So the whole idea of keeping the truck "original" has gone out the window years ago. Now if your referring to keeping the truck in an original "operating state" then your fine, unless you plan to "BOB" it.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s a 1963 Studabaker A1 with the 427 Continental in it. It was originally an auger truck, but all of that was taken out. Now it just has a flatbed on it.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they took the parts off the auger bed and then chopped it to make a flat bed. The bed looks like it was original from the bottom and it is a 14 ft bed. Not sure how long the auger beds were.

rustystud

Hey guys, Elk1111 needs an injection pump. Does anyone have one they would sell for a reasonable price to him ? I know some of you guys have a stock pile of them laying around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks