• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Florida (NWF)

kendive

New to this site and love learning new stuff. I joined because I will be getting a few gensets such as the 831a and 802a. Maybe an 803a 10kw but really don't need that much power. One for the cabin and one for the house. I would like to leave the small one up at our property for backup power I already installed a small 400 watt off grid solar system and have an 1800 watt sinewave inverter works well. The land is mainly for shooting I love to shoot and have a 200 yard range setup there.

Been already reading and reading about these generators. I have three now a Honda 2000, Yamaha 2800 I installed the propane kits in them and they work well. I like the idea of Diesel and electric start. :)

Thanks for all the info found here!!!

NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

Last edited:

kendive

New to this site and love learning new stuff. I joined because I will be getting a few gensets such as the 831a and 802a. Maybe an 803a 10kw but really don't need that much power. One for the cabin and one for the house. I would like to leave the small one up at our property for backup power I already installed a small 400 watt off grid solar system and have an 1800 watt sinewave inverter works well. The land is mainly for shooting I love to shoot and have a 200 yard range setup there.

Been already reading and reading about these generators. I have three now a Honda 2000, Yamaha 2800, and a cheap champion 3000. I installed the propane kits in them and they work well. I like the idea of Diesel and electric start. :)

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken,
Welcome from Kentucky. Now you'll need a nice deuce or 5 ton to carry all those generators.....

kendive

Ken,
Welcome from Kentucky. Now you'll need a nice deuce or 5 ton to carry all those generators.....
Yea would love to have one. I drove a deuce in Saudi during the Gulf War. I was alot younger then too...

I have a very extensive Military Munitions collection. I am really into collecting that type of stuff.

If I can post pics pics yet here is a small sample.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very interesting collection. Hope it all came from a legit source. Is that a black suburban parked out in front of your house?

kendive

Very interesting collection. Hope it all came from a legit source. Is that a black suburban parked out in front of your house?
LOL I don't worry about that. Yes all inert and legal to own. I have restored alot of it myself.

If they wanted me they would have come a long time ago.

All the Class 3 NFA stuff I own they know who I am...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Been already reading and reading about these generators. I have three now a Honda 2000, Yamaha 2800 I installed the propane kits in them and they work well. I like the idea of Diesel and electric start. :)

NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

Welcome aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

You may have joined to find some GenSets, but don't be surprised when you start finding trucks, parts, and awesome comrades too.

Again, WELCOME !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks