• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Bought an M35A2

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My biggest concern would be fuel or battery theft...
As it stands now, I'm not worried at all. I think the most likely scenario is a drunk ex-miltary who decides to go for a joy ride (I chain the steering). I'm just thinking about the future. Eventually, I hope to have some stuff in the cab worth stealing. I've also dumped a lot of money in upgrades here and there. When I bought the deuce it was just north of worthless to most people. Now, someone desperate enough might think it worth their time.
A battery cut off is a good idea. I also have locks for the doors, shutters for the windows (planned) and I also plan on locking anything on the truck that can open (fuel tanks, battery box, hood, toolbox, etc.)
I'm sure we've all heard of places where they'll steal anything not nailed down.

PoppaSmurph

While prepping my truck for paint, I noticed a large white star on the roof of the cab, not the top of the hood (where I usually see them). I've never seen one with a star on the roof, does anyone know anything about this?
The star on the roof means it was probably used on an air field...You were told it was a fire truck of some type correct?....HQ ussually means 'HeadQuarters" units...they run the airfields usually.... Me being an old crew dog on ACFT thats the extent of my knowledge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks