• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M16 Halftrack joins the family

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lovely finds. And a great project for you.
(seeing your wrecker in action (now motivates me into action with mine..but..that's another story..bad))
dmetalmiki, I read your post & pictures on the unfortunate accident you had with your wrecker. The good thing is that you are OK. I'm sure when your done bringing your wrecker back, it'll be better than before. Wish you all the best.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_0309.jpgIMG_0311.jpgIMG_0312.jpgIMG_0315.jpgIMG_0303.jpgIMG_0304-640x466.gif Mike, I was digging around looking for S-250 shelters, when I came across this M16 Half Track with Quad 50s For Sale down in Mississippi. Thought you'd like the pics.

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

Mike, great you are saving this equipment! Now I know who buys this kind of hardcore project. I drive around the north and central state a lot and sometimes see MVs like this. I probably should post photos and where they are.

Good Job Mike! The sheet metal looks to be in pretty good condition. Lori named it Marshmallow? :-D Mike, the wife and I visited 49er park in Plymouth last weekend. Nice park, but it looks like another pain in the _ _ _ to get to like Petaluma. Twisty two lane road Hwy. 16 to the 49 for about 30 or so miles. I'll give ya a call later and fill ya in on the details. Congrats again!
I don't 'know Tracer.... in a Ferrari in top gear Hwy 16 from Sac might be twisty but not at 50 or 60. It will be an easy tow or MV drive for most. It's about a 1,000 foot rise in 30 miles but it doesn't seem like a climb. It's mostly in the second half of the trip and the road has gentle ups and downs so if any speed is lost you can make it up.

What you have when you get there is a RV park similar to Tower but in better condition, no dirt, no peat dust storms, less wind, huge improvement in places to drive and visit in the area, big grocery store across street and more restaurants close. But still country-like. The adjacent fairgrounds adds 151 tent campsites which are way less rent than what a tenter would pay on a numbered site at the other places. Display space too. Connecting path through a gate to the RV park. Nearly unlimited free visitor parking and no admission fee, so we are now able to do more advertising to reach those who don't know about us. Probably there are a lot of MVs up and down 49. The sellers are going to have good traffic, people can deliver and pick up parts in their pickup easily, and there will be new visitors to enjoy our MVs.

I don't mean to hijack Mike's thread. We can talk about Camp Plymouth on the Upcoming Events thread if you all want.

John

Major Asstyrd

No those are deployable floating sea mines designed for dropping off a dock and blowing up German barges on the Rhine.

Typically they were turned into beer or wine carriers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks