• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

(2) Knuckle Rubber Boot Replacements

CES 3245th

OK.... I was looking to change out the (2) knuckle rubber boots so when removing the rock guard from the passenger side oil started coming out of the bolt hole as you can see in the picture. About 1.5 quarts. I thought when I filled the dog bowl with gear lube I had the right amount in there and at the proper level looks like maybe I didn’t. The driveway as the truck is sitting in has a slight slope minimal at best with the passenger side being the low side of the truck but not by much. So my question to anybody out there is, did I put too much oil in the dog bowl? Or is it something else I should be made aware of? Any help in the right direction would be great and appreciated!

P-2.jpg

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, nobody knows what your working on yet. I'd guess a 5ton but I'm not sure. Gear oil should not leak out, there is a seal to prevent that, I think.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He has an M939 series truck.

The 3 most common problems to create this are below:

1. It is overfilled. The oil level should be a 1/2"-3/4" BELOW the bottom of the fill hole.
2. The axle vent on top of the housing is not venting.
3. The inner axle seal is actually bad and leaking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks