• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spots of fluid on my tailgate

edpdx

I noticed Spots on my Blazer a couple of days ago. Looks like brake fluid, maybe. I'm not sure, but since I'll have the wheel off to see if the drums are leaking, I'm on my way to the parts store to get some new wheel cylinders (I have brake shoes and a hardware kit on the shelf). It's been about 5 years since the cylinders were replaced.

Has anyone seen this before. I'd post a pic, but it's just a couple of dozen fading, brownish red spots that appear to have come from the under carriage.

sandcobra164

Yeah, what happens is a vacuum is created at the rear end of your truck as it goes down the road. Fluids get sucked onto your back bumper and tailgate if they are present in the airstream.

cucvrus

I am guessing transmission over flow/breather tube or transfer case out put seal 9449 national seal. It could also be the yoke at the slip joint on the rear driveshaft. Check it out and report back. I doubt brake fluid going up on the tailgate.

Matt5

Banned
It could be *anything* at all leaking under the truck... but brake fluid would be the last thing that it would be.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't have spots on the tailgate you don't have the "poor mans rustproofing".

Or your truck isn't running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks