• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tie rod end boots

therooster2001

I was doing the zerks today on the HMMWV and found that both of the steering tie rod end boots (ones closer to center) were torn on both. It seems these are a whole package on Epay / Kascar. Does anyone have a cross part number for these? If the boots are torn, are the ends replaced in whole? It does not have any play that I know, but didn't take it apart.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Don't have the numbers at hand, the biggest ones that Summit Racing had. At first they looked a little small. Once on they flared out, snugged up, sealed tight. Looking and working GREAT two years later.
Went with the red ones, just to be ME, CAMO

papakb

They're the same truck at a basic level but you need to understand where they differ. The frame and running gear are the same for the most part, the sheet metal on the body is similar but the interior and electricals are completely different. You can visit the H1 sites like the hummer knowledge base for ideas and tips but make sure it applies to the 998s before you start doing things.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also a year separation between the A1 and A2 trucks compared to the civvy versions. I think it was 95 and older is A1, 96 and newer is A2 components (where it actually makes a difference)

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this may seem like an obvious question, but is there a comparison between m998 and h1 from a mechanical parts perspective?
+1 hummer knowledge base. Also when stumped you might email/call Hummer Parts Guy. He's very knowedgable and just as helpful. His prices are high at times, but he only sells true OEM parts. I've spoken to him a few times. He's a one man show, so if you call don't hog his time!

Bulldogger

revhrd

I appreciate the input guys. The hummer knowledge base is bookmarked but even though they have a nice comprehensive page for both, there is not a clear cut comparison guide. Currently on refurbishing the suspension before going on to other issues.

Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks