• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 nv to tx

NV555

Howdy,

Just starting a road trip from Ely Nevada to Dallas Texas with my Dodge and my 105A2 to Dallas Texas.

The trailer will continue on to Tennessee after I drop it off with fuzzytoaster.

Im hauling a nice collection of LMTV parts to bring along for fuzzy.

The trailer has a new owner and cucv mike will add it to his collection.

I picked it up at Camp Pendleton about 18 months ago. It was rebuilt in 2013 at MCLB Barstow. It knows Semper Fi for sure.

Had one mishap so far lost a LMTV turret cover on my first leg from Ely to Las Vegas. I had 2 loaded so I can still complete the mission.

A7906796-9C4B-49BF-8C48-FFE6E2B0A5DD.jpg7C8B814B-51BF-444A-86F7-BE72D1A5774D.jpg

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim I hope you have a safe & enjoyable trip! Post pics when you can....

You going anywhere near Chillicothe, TX? If so, there is a little BBQ restaurant there that has the world's best Ribeye steaks....98G turned me on to them, and WOW was he right! Highly recommended.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
o.jpg Tim, if your coming back up on Hwy.95 stop in Mina at Socorro's Burger Hut. Best place between Reno & Las Vegas. Wish ya a safe trip!

NV555

The kroger/Smith’s fuel reward program is great for bulk fuel. You can get up to 35 gallons per transaction. For every 100.00 you spend you get .10 off per gallon with up to 1.00 off per transaction except in California which has a limit of .25 or some thing like that. Well it seems that buying 1,000.00 on groceries is a bit much, however the key to this program is the gift cards. When you buy gift cards you get 2x rewards points. Many times a year they have 4x rewards for gift cards. So if you buy a 250.00 gift card at 4x reward points that’s 1.00 off a gallon for 35 gallons. So let’s say you plan to go to the auto zone, amazon, Olive Garden or the usual gift card location you are going to be spending the money anyway you might as well get the gift card and take advantage of the fuel rewards. Another bonus right now is their credit card reward. If you sign up for their credit card and use at least 10 points (.10) they will give you an additional .25 cents off per gallon. That is good for a total of .35 cents per gallon. The credit card offer is good for one year. So if you use 1000 points and use your credit card you can take 1.25 off a gallon for up to 35 gallons.

This program works great for us diesel folks with large tanks. The avg guy getting gas with a 20 gallon take takes a hit much like our friends in California where the State limits the reward due to loss of fuel tax, much like when you get a free cell phone and have to pay tax on what the msrp is.

Anyway just getting ready to roll towards Dallas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks