• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2018 Haspin Fall Mini-Rally

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny Rally-Prep Story...

So I got my M1009 all fixed up from the last rally's carnage. My buddy has a Bronco that I helped him fix up over the summer that he was going to bring to the rally with me. A few days ago he texted me these pictures:

IMG_1560.jpgIMG_1559.jpg

His Bronco burned to the ground playing around in his back yard. We was trying to exit his creek and something caught fire on his truck. Burned the truck almost completely. He lives relatively close to town so I think some neighbors called the fire department to put it out. Notice the foam around the truck in the first picture.

Sucks, but he is being a great sport and mainly laughing it off. He didn't have a lot of money in it (just a few hundred) but was really looking forward to wheeling it at Haspin. I went over today to help him pull it out of the creek with my M1009.

The best part is I helped him swap out his gas tank a while back and when we were doing it we didn't have the right metal straps to secure the tank. I told him to just ratchet strap it to get it driving and he made fun of my redneck get-r-done mentality. I told him it was a permanent repair and the ratchet straps would out live his truck...

IMG_1556.jpgIMG_1557.jpgIMG_1558.jpg

Gas tank and ratchet straps are about the only thing that didn't get ruined on his Bronco:?

He says he still coming. He's driving my M1009 down for me so I can drive my tractor. I told him I'll put a fire extinguisher in it. :-D

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang that sucks!

Tell him not to scrap that tank beings it’s easy to get out. I may be in need of one soon, when I find a good motor for the boy’s Bronco.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell him no matter what he will have fun at haspin. Not to worry about the truck. Any machine will break eventually and as long as he is fine that's all that matters.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you can make it Dave.
Unfortunately, like one of the other Daves, I won’t be able to make it that weekend either.
Hopefully we can make a day trip happen later in October!

Then again in November, and December...

I like wheeling when the leaves have fallen. Can see to get around better (until the sun drops)

We’ll miss you this time. Hope to catch you at the next one.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody have an 11.00-20 tire they're willing to sell and bring to the rally? I haven't had any luck finding a spare tire close to me. I don't care about whether or not it's bias-ply, radial, whatever. Just need something not dry rotted. I can bring my own 6-lug wheel if it's on something else and needs transferred.

Anyone have anything like that? PM me your price!

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive got one.
I tired to PM you, but your mailbox is full! How much and is it on a deuce wheel or do I need to bring my own wheel / tube / flap?
Let me know if the tire needs a ride to Haspin, if I can get that M200 from Chris before then he can throw it on my pile and I will front the $ also.
I will have to leave Haspin late Friday or way too early Saturday though. If the weather cooperates, I may just bring the pickup and camper up Thursday night and see if I can hop in with somebody for the trails...

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me know if the tire needs a ride to Haspin, if I can get that M200 from Chris before then he can throw it on my pile and I will front the $ also.
I will have to leave Haspin late Friday or way too early Saturday though. If the weather cooperates, I may just bring the pickup and camper up Thursday night and see if I can hop in with somebody for the trails...
Hopefully Chris makes it to the rally himself. If he doesn't, I gladly accept your offer.

I'm hoping to show up at Haspin either Thursday night or Friday morning.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Murphy's law has hit me! I got a flat tire after driving my truck to work the other day. It held air long enough to drive it home but now I have to break it down and see where the leak is on the tube. There was nothing visible going through the tread (no nails or anything).

IMG_1570.jpgIMG_1571.jpg

:evil::drool::cry::shrugs:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Murphy's law has hit me! I got a flat tire after driving my truck to work the other day. It held air long enough to drive it home but now I have to break it down and see where the leak is on the tube. There was nothing visible going through the tread (no nails or anything).

View attachment 741544View attachment 741545

:evil::drool::cry::shrugs:
If you're carrying an air hose your onboard compressor is handy for such emergencies.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like there might be a little rain while we are at Haspin. I'm planning to come down Thursday night after work, probably get there around 9pm or later. I'll try to snag the shelter area by the pond if it's available so we have a place to retreat in case of rain.

I'm probably not going to bring my Deuce. I just don't have time to take care of everything I need to this week to make it ready. I'm still bringing two vehicles, though. My CUCV and an old Suburban I've been driving lately.

Gimpy, if you bring that spare tire I will have room to haul it home in my Suburban. I still haven't heard a price on that. What's the best way to get in touch?

Wire Fox

Hey, jokes aside this time, I might just have my HMMWV mission capable by this weekend. It's already drivable, but I still need to finish a grabbing a new transmission computer to get full operation and need to replace two small coolant hoses that are leaking faster than I'd like.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, jokes aside this time, I might just have my HMMWV mission capable by this weekend. It's already drivable, but I still need to finish a grabbing a new transmission computer to get full operation and need to replace two small coolant hoses that are leaking faster than I'd like.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
Nice! We can use another HMMWV on the trails.

I have a friend bringing a Ford Raptor down Friday afternoon. We’ll have at least two CUCV’s, maybe 2 HMMWV’s, a few civy rigs, and a few big trucks???

Mahmoud, you bringing the Rover or the Deuce?

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I could bring my rover but I tore it up pretty bad couple weeks ago out at Haspin haha. I am waiting to source a transmission and drive shaft. Trying to decide if I should push Murphy to bring the deuce even though my axle seals shoot fluid like a champ.rofl.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks