• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New gamma goat owner

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the ('herd') site, hobby, friendships and events to come.
You have a nice looking goat there and will definitely enjoy you looks and attention it commands.
I get a buzz every time I take mine out.

svaasand

This goat is coming from US bases in Spain. I just bought it from a collector in Barcelona. It is a 1971, with registration number NG00W2. It is relatively untouched since released from the Army, still in original paint.
I have a couple of questions to you experienced owners;
-What engine oil are you using? I see the manual states SAE30, while I see that detroit diesel is reccomending SAE40 for this engine.
-My seat covers are completely missing - I have only the bare plastic seats. Are these available somewhere? If not, can someone post some photos, so I can have some made?

-Lars

svaasand

The white markings are done by the former civilian owner, with vinyl lettering. The original black markings are faint, but readable. The "ambulance" markings are not real, it is not the ambulance version.

m38inmaine

Any CF2 rated 40wt oil like Rotella T1 40wt. The cushions can be tough to find, I will pull mine out and post up some measurements for you, they would be simple to make.

svaasand

help with cushion measurements is much appreciated. what i need is the thickness of the cushion, and details of how they are attached to the seat.

m38inmaine

Bottom cushion 16x17x5 retaining tabs are 3" in from outside 2" long 1/2" wide female snap on end. Back cushion 16x16x4 tabs at bottom are 2" wide 8" long with female snap they wrap around the bottom back. The back has a sleeve at the top, slides over the back of the seat, sleeve is 19" wide, 5'' long and about 1" deep. The male snaps have a machine stud. Your seat may or may not have the snaps, should be able to see the holes for them, two at the bottom front and two at the bottom back. The other holes half way up are for the manual bag brackets.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks