• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket speakers in LMTV/FMTV

gbww

Has anyone installed stereo speakers in any of their LMTV/FMTV rigs? I have figured out what to do with a head unit, but have no idea what fits for speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

(I have searched the forum and not found anything here or anywhere else online...)

Third From Texas

I've seen some interesting setups in deuce-and-a-halves and five-tons. I've not found any examples in LMTVs/FMVs, though. Should be simple enough with some creative cabinetry.

I carry one of these that I toss between my off-road cars, my truck, the beach, camping, etc. Great sound for the money (and in the long run cost me far less than a system for each ride).

71rnjjAso+L._SL1500_.jpg

(don't be fooled by the pic, the ****ed thing is HUGE)

gbww

We have something like this we use at our house to take to the river. I am looking more of a permanent set up that is specific to the rig. Thanks!

snowtrac nome

I just did an install on mine let me look up eh thread it worked cherry I built an overhead console installed the radio and speakers in to the unit.

snowtrac nome

20180830_171930.jpgHere is a better picture of the speakers its not so bright to day. I used 1/8 inch green powder coated aluminum with a piano hinge at the bend because I had no equipment to make the bend up here.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My setup uses a Sony unit that is ceiling mounted and set up to pull music from my iPhone via Bluetooth. Speakers are Pyle, in round abs housings that are ceiling mounted. Plenty of power and nice to have tunes on board.

Pointman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks