• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug card

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a feeling that the GP card is not getting the proper resistance from the temperature sensor. That would keep the Orange LED/Wait light from coming on.

Check to ensure that the Yellow and the Black wire going to the engine temp sensor are intact and are connected to good sensor located on the rear left head. If you unplug the sensor, the card will see a high resistance and will "think" that the engine is cold.

Oerthedge21

Well I pulled the temp sensor wires and whaddya know, the WTS light came on and the card closed the relay itself. So obviously the temp sensor is wrong it no good, you said it's supposed to be on the driver's side rear head right? Because the only two temp sensors under there that I've seen are on the rear of the pass side head, one on top and one on the side by the rear of the exhaust manifold

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would look for a plug or maybe a broken off sensor on the driver side rear head. It may be that the previous owner couldn't extract the old sensor and then got the wrong sensor and tried to mount it in the passenger side head. I cant imagine anyone buying a head that was different from the original that didn't have that hole in it.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could be on the passenger side, it's not supposed to be there. As Firefox states, it may have been removed, broken or relocated.

Pictures of what you have may be of some help to us.

At least the card is functioning now, you have come a long way from the mess you started with. Congrats on staying with it and getting it to work. The temp sensor is a minor issue. You're almost there....

Oerthedge21

I'll get some pics up tomorrow for you guys, I truly appreciate all the help you guys have given me, of still be lost without it. Definitely glad I went with a full replacement for the harness though.

Oerthedge21

I ordered a wt3000 sensor, but it doesn't fit. The one that's in the truck is fatter, the new sensor just falls into the hole. Are there different types of wt3000s? The fitment chart for it said it fit 6.2 diesels but it certainly doesn't fit this one

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks