• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE Front-End Loader Problem

Nick30605

I've been using my FLU419 to do some work around the house the past few days. This morning I started the day by using the front loader to scoop up some fill dirt. I drove the dirt to the backyard and dumped it. When the dirt fell out, I heard a sound and then the loader stop working. The loader will not go up. The sound lasted for 1 second and sounded like a puff of air or a single "pop" sound. It was the beginning of the day and the first scoop of dirt. I visually inspected everything on the loader and nothing seems out of place. I did not see any hydraulic fluid leaking anywhere. All the zerk fittings have been properly greased previously. Any ideas?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did you check to see if the belt broke on the front pump under the crankshaft? If it has no belt it would not have any pressure to run the front hydraulics.

Not trying to be a smart@$$ but that would be the basic # 1 starting point.

2nd point would be if that the belt is not broken would be to pull a pressure line and see if you have any fluid flow to the cylinders, even minimal once you hit the lever. Then back track the control and pressure relief valves from there.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You nailed it. The belt slipped off. Thank you
If you need to raise the loader and do not have any other equipment , you can remove both pressure hoses and fashion up lines to an air compressor and pressurize them with air to raise them so you can put a chain on them to hold it up if need be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks