• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Air Conditioning by Humvee Air

Restomod Air

A/C Kit for M998 HUMVEE – HMMWV
Supporting Vendor
We Manufacture every HUMVEE AIR product right here in Texas and are designed from the ground up. Starting with innovative ideas and sketches, our engineers then design and specify our new products using quality materials. Our system is manufactured out of steel and powder coated for durable long lasting finish. Sometimes when you want the best quality it’s easier to just build it yourself, but here at Humvee Air we do all the hard work for you!

Humvee Air’s HMMWV Climate Control system is like nothing else on the market. Computer aided design and flexible duct hoses allows for the best performance offered by anyone. Made from STEEL not preformed plastic this is the most durable system available guaranteed! This system is complete and contains what you’ll need to get modern day, high performance A/C, heat and dehumidified defrost into your HMMVW.

Fully Electronic:
Humvee Air was the first to convert to high-quality servo motors to open and close internal doors. We pioneered this improvement and we STILL implement it best.

Serviceability:
A Humvee Air system is serviceable if ever need be. Not like the “others” that glue their cheap plastic cases together. Our evaporator cases puts the “competition” to shame. Designed for a lifetime not just a few years. Made from STEEL and powder coated finish to produce a stronger case than anyone else on the market. Fully insulated to produce the coldest temperatures a HMMWV has seen.

Function:
The HMMWV new controller ditches the out dated push pull cables that came stock and goes electronic. Giving an accurate and reliable adjustment every time you want to use the system. Independent Dash and Defrost function along with a three-step blower motor are just the tip of this iceberg.

Our engineering approach differs form others in the industry. While others are focused on universal systems that are cheap to make we utilized the HMMWV specific to design around. Before we revolutionized the market, all you could get was a cheap looking, cheaply designed and poorly operating a/c system that didn't really cool well. With this specifically modeled STEEL HMMWV system you get the best of the best. The best cooling capacity, the best installation, and lets face it the best-looking system made just for the HMMWV.

Attachments

Action

I have a couple questions....

How does the defrost work on the driver side? Your unit doesn't go that far. Or does it still use the factory defrost vents?

Do you have a spec sheet showing what vent temps I can expect at given ambient temps and humidity levels? Such as, what is the vent air temp at 90 degree ambient temp with 50 % humidity?

What are you using for compressor, condenser, drier (or accumulator)?

What happens to the servos and other electronics when they are submerged under water?

A radio rack cannot be used after your kit is installed?

I couldn't find anything on "Humvee air" for a company. I did find the unit made by MME for $4000 that looks very similar to this one...

Last edited:

Hummermark

No phone number or address on the contact us section on there website,you just put your details in does not inspire confidence.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've cleaned up this thread. HumveeAir is looking to become a vendor here. I'll unlock the thread when all of the accounts are resolved.

Action

I have a couple questions....
Do you have a spec sheet showing what vent temps I can expect at given ambient temps and humidity levels? Such as, what is the vent air temp at 90 degree ambient temp with 50 % humidity?

What are you using for compressor, condenser, drier (or accumulator)?

What happens to the servos and other electronics when they are submerged under water?

A radio rack cannot be used after your kit is installed?
I am still curious....

Wire Fox

I'll throw in that I'm also eagerly awaiting these questions to be answered...Action has asked a lot of the same questions that came to mind for me.

As well, count me in for a vote of preferring that this would be an aluminum case and painted to match 383 CARC green. But the aluminum vs steel issue is probably not major enough to worry about.

Restomod Air

Supporting Vendor
Humvee Air is the manufacturer of the HMMWV all steel A/C System. We are located in Dallas next to the DFW airport.

Midwest Military Equipment is our distributor to the public.

All technical questions can be answered at www.humveeair.com under contact us.

diluted

Seems like posting answers to the questions here would benefit you in the long run as a lot of people will probably search google for their answers and end up here.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm replying to this thread. HumveeAir is the OE manufacture. If you're interested in purchasing a system from them, they don't do direct sales. You'll need to contact Midwest Military Equipment. You can however reach out to them from their website contact info for any technical discussion. They're just not the retailer of this. Just trying to clarify things here.

Restomod Air

Supporting Vendor
Here are some answers to the questions in this forum.

· We are located at 910 FREEPORT PARKWAY, SUITE 100 COPPELL, TX 75019
· We use factory defrost vents
· Our system has fixed thermostat at 36 degrees so vent temps should be in upper 30’s to low 40’s
· SD 508 compressors, parallel flow condensers, and 8” driers

If you any one has any more question please feel free to call us.
1-866-784-4278

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Humvee air.com link is no longer valid

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks