• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hurricane Florence

dmetalmiki

We all over here wish you all over there a safe outcome for this really bad storm coming your way. During and after some storms over there we get winds here pulled by the sheer force!, and they are bad enough.
Snow in India!, unheard of storms over there coupled with fire outbreaks, Temperatures have been record highs here at near enough 40*....(Oh there is no global warming/climate change!
( Yeah....right!))
Take very good care folks.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really good resource I found (might already be posted) but readync.org and the BeReadyNC app for your phone. I tried it out the other day and noticed that I could actually track some power trucks in my area. I'd recommend it, and it is maintained by NC DPS (Dept. of Public Safety)

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got this off the internet so if it's real I don't know but what do you see. Said it was from the hurricane the leveled Puerto Rico.

James, I see a fluffy "unie-corn" and maybe a butterfly......................LOL

almost impossible to miss that image, even for those of us that always flunk that darn "ink blot test"...............................I guess it's possible, but don't imagine it'd be hard to manipulate the image if a person knew how to do so. LOL

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wonder is the sets coming up at Bragg next week... will they still be viable after Florence rolls through? Not sure I'd want to be the guy to find out.

jamawieb

My wonder is the sets coming up at Bragg next week... will they still be viable after Florence rolls through? Not sure I'd want to be the guy to find out.
I bought a few units today and was surprised at the prices in NC. I thought they would bring more and the only reason I didn't try for those is because who knows if they will be there after Florence. Or how bad will the devastation be after the storm..

Bmxenbrett

Morbark Industries here in mid-michigan has over 200 trailer mounted chippers and a dozen high speed shredders ready to ship to FEMA contractors for clean-up efforts.
https://www.9and10news.com/2018/09/...mpany-prepares-to-help-with-hurricane-relief/
I use to be a feet mechanic that had a pair of morbark chippers. There total crap compaired to the brush bandits. Constant software problems was there big issue in the fleet world. To many buttons to push and they really didnt need an auto feed. Not many of our tree crew liked them. They really were a one operator machine and that operator needed to read the manual...many didnt.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use to be a feet mechanic that had a pair of morbark chippers. There total crap compaired to the brush bandits. Constant software problems was there big issue in the fleet world. To many buttons to push and they really didnt need an auto feed. Not many of our tree crew liked them. They really were a one operator machine and that operator needed to read the manual...many didnt.
It is all one in the same nowdays ,Bandit Industries owns Morbark now.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I finally bought a generator... a CAT 7500 E. I just bit the bullet. No fun spending for the next month or three. I'm prepped as I can be. Wish I could go park the M880s in the field next to the house, but the crops are still there. I just hope no trees fall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks