• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rally's near NW Montana? OK within 500 miles?

mcv1964

Ok, I see all these rallies back east, in central US and in California.

Are there ever any rallies close to NW Montana?

Now understand close in Montana terms is within 500 miles.

Just curious. My rig is a long ways from running and drivable but it doesn't mean I don't want to look and hang out. My real issue is that I am on disability and don't have a lot of funds to travel too terribly far.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I see all these rallies back east, in central US and in California.

Are there ever any rallies close to NW Montana?

Now understand close in Montana terms is within 500 miles.

Just curious. My rig is a long ways from running and drivable but it doesn't mean I don't want to look and hang out. My real issue is that I am on disability and don't have a lot of funds to travel too terribly far.
That's a great idea, Soldier!

Formulate your plan, gather your resources and let us know when you've got it organized. Check with the weather forecaster "Dark Cloud" for the best window of opportunity. Remember that the element of surprise yields a formidable strategic advantage. Failure is not an option.

(Sounds just like a Major General I once worked for.)

rofl:grd:

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[h=2]
Aug. 26, 2017, 1st Annual Red Deer Canada show and swap[/h]
I'm posting this just in case any of you travelers are heading north near the end of August. We expect about 20 vehicles for display and a 'yet to be determined' number of vendors. I will update as I learn more.

http://www.mvpa.org/home/mv-events/

Albert, Canada, August 26, 2017: 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Annual Military Vehicle Display and Swap Meet at Parkland Mall, Gaetz Ave, Red Deer, AB, Canada from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 pm. Hosted by the Prairie Motor Brigade. Military vehicles, vendors, consignors and guest are welcome. See us on Facebook at Prairie Motor Brigade or visit www.prairiemotorbridgade.org.​

davidb56

Im 3 1/2 hours by car, 5 by deuce from you. about 10 miles from Troy MT. There is a guy right by you that has a deuce for sale on CL. I almost bought it, but he wanted more for his, then dropped the price lower than I bought mine for later. its still for sale.

davidb56

I am interested from northern Idaho
Wow..Culdesac Idaho..Nice area. When I was looking for relocating from Commiefornia in 2006 , I remember blasting through there past the car on the post in Winchester. I was on my 2004 Boxer Cup Replica MC. I rarely kept it under 90mph through there and from Mcdermott NV to Jordan Vally OR, I made it in 55 minutes...about 101 miles.

cobra5

There doesn't seem to be much interest in MV collecting out here. I drive my 151 on occasion and I don't get much of a reaction from folks. There is a group in Bozeman MT named the Montana Military Vehicle Club that went from an internet based club to an FB group. They are somewhat active but I tried to join and my request never moved forward so after two weeks I withdrew my request to join their group and started my own. I named my FB group Western Montana Military Vehicle Club but I haven't received much interest. I'll most likely build flyers and distribute them at local car shows next year. If I still don't get any interest I'll just disband the FB group.

davidb56

@ Cobra.. I think most owners in my area actually use their deuce/5 ton etc for a tool, rather than show. I see them parked around different places, and occasionally on the road, but most are either muddy, or got a snow plow attached. I myself am more interested in a parts type swap, than display.

cobra5

@ Cobra.. I think most owners in my area actually use their deuce/5 ton etc for a tool, rather than show. I see them parked around different places, and occasionally on the road, but most are either muddy, or got a snow plow attached. I myself am more interested in a parts type swap, than display.
Dave this is a true statement and because they are treated as a piece of equipment they are cheap when the owner decides to part with it. Another reason that there isn't any interest around this area on the hobby side is because there isn't any exposure to it. Cities around the country had Veteran's Day parades but no out here. Hopefully this summer I'll be able to participate in some car shows and get the word out.

Casek

I’m trying to put together a rally from California to Panama and then to Argentina south America, I’m working on details and sponsorship from some tech companies if anyone like to participate need to have a humvee, jeep, ford 4x4 a list of vehicles readiness will be posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in N Central Idaho and am interested in something up this way next year. Down for maintenance at the moment and waiting on registration/tags as I got it.in Sept.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks