• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help w/ PS pulley needed

shiner13

Ran into another issue/delay trying to get my 1028 restored last night. With the other updates I've been doing, decided to go ahead and replace the PS Pump as I had a new unit sitting ready to go.

I have a pulley puller/install set and did this on my 1008 a few years back, so you know, thought it'd go real quick...

I guess the pulley was rusted to the shaft or something, because instead of coming off it bent the puller pin slightly and also tore the lip of the pulley where the split ring of the pulley seats. Now the pin is stuck, and overtime I try again it tears the pulley more as is comes off at an angle. Sigh...

I'm looking for a new pulley, but I still need to get the PS bracket off so I can use it (as I've seen they are really hard to come by now).

Any ideas?

IMG_0756.jpgIMG_0757.jpg

shiner13

Also, in searching through the forum, it looks like PS Pulleys (14067701) are discontinued as a new part. I have a post on the wanted classifieds for one already, but I also found a couple posts from CUCV owners who used a new part # 300-121 in place of the stock part.
It looks to me like their photos of it show the twin pulleys as the same size, but my original unit has a rear pulley that is smaller in diameter.

Has anyone found a new part number that will work? Did it require a different belt to work?

I remember old posts I have perused where guys have upgraded to better quality pulleys that worked on their CUCVs, but I can't seem to find them again...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks