• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Texan!

LonestarFisher

Hello everyone, I'm Ralph from Beaumont Texas. I stumbled upon SteelSoldiers looking for information on getting myself a surplus millitray truck. What a wealth of information here!

I think this may be my new second home. Excited to become a part of the community!

Ralph

LonestarFisher

Welcome from another Texan. What type of truck are you looking to find?
Hi Mike. I've always wanted a 5ton truck to restore and ultimately drive in parades. I know there are lots of variations but ideally something a little more modern that wont break the bank. Acquisition cost around $10k maybe.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need a class A or B license to drive a 5 ton in Texas. B for truck A if you want to pull anything 10,000lbs or more. I've been told that if you are going to get an B, you might as well get an A.

It is on my list but haven't done it yet. Brother has a CDL so he helps me if I need to go on road.

Just a thought.

I bought my M931A2 from government liquidation for just under $10k. Video had it looking new. Unfortunately, they ran it with dead batteries, which took out alternator, so still good, but required some up front work. Government Planet looks like a better run org, but there are other steel soldier vendors that may may be worth talking too.

I'm not up to speed with the FMTV series. Look more complex electrical system wise. No idea if they are more or less dependable.

dmetalmiki

Whatever truck you choose..This is a 'habit' you are going to find hard to break!.
Welcome to the site. Post up pictures of your acquisition when you have it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks