• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Guidance, M923 loses air zero leaks found

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I WAS ACTUALLY WONDERING IF THERE IS A UPGRADE FOR THE ENGINE MOUNTED COMPRESSOR, I MOUNTED AN ON-BOARD AUX COMPRESSOR FOR 110 POWER.

well I installed a shut off at primary tank, crimped off hoses until the gauge stopped dropping from the remaining pressure in the lines, looks like final repair will be the foot valve, ordered overnight from Memphis equipment, will see.

appears truck had a ton of air system issues after all, likely stemmed from lack of air tank/water draining (rust in system). high condensation from overrunning the compressors due to leaks.
If you have the NHC 250 there is a dual cylinder compressor available for the engine. Stock compressors put out 13.2. Twins put out 17.2

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ordeal to install. If you don't use it for what it is made for, you have a big oil pump installed on your engine. Stick with the 13 CFM comp.

911BRIS

okay looks like I am satisfied with the air holding capacity now after foot valve replacement. I had replaced a wiper air switch due to leak but it does not function now. I believe I have the wrong switch. unfortunately it looks like Memphis equipment cannot help determine the correct switch not sure if anyone can help? IMG_20180914_100636.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
okay looks like I am satisfied with the air holding capacity now after foot valve replacement. I had replaced a wiper air switch due to leak but it does not function now. I believe I have the wrong switch. unfortunately it looks like Memphis equipment cannot help determine the correct switch not sure if anyone can help? View attachment 741411
It is just an updated switch. Same 3 ports on the rear of the switch. Just plumb it in accordingly. Switch manufacturer and design come and go all the time in the military contract world. It serves the same purpose.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks