• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Owner in Mesa, AZ

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Everybody!

I wanted to finally introduce myself, since I've been browsing this forum for MONTHS!!!

I just pulled the trigger on a purchase of a 1982 m35a2, and I wanted to say THANK YOU for all the information I've found on this site!

Without all of the TM's and discussions around maintaining these vehicles, I wouldn't be confident enough to even know where to start when inspecting vehicles, and finding the one that's right for me.
And the amount of effort and collaboration that has gone into the parts cross-reference spreadsheets for these MV's is phenomenal!

So Thank you!

My deuce has a lot of items that need attention... so I'm sure you'll see more and more of me.
(and yes, I have already become very good friends with the "Search" function) :)

Day Tripper

1982? That's the newest M35A2 in private hands that I heard of. When did they finish making this model? Would like some pictures also to compare to mine. Welcome .

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1982? That's the newest M35A2 in private hands that I heard of. When did they finish making this model? Would like some pictures also to compare to mine. Welcome .
From what I've read, there should be some '85 and '87 m35a2's out there...

I'll post some pics when I get home from work this evening.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
From what I've read, there should be some '85 and '87 m35a2's out there...
The last model year of M44A2 production is 1989, although I'm not sure when the physical production ended, but certainly no earlier than 1988.

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pics.
(I'm in the process of removing the m36 gun ring)
Looks like it was an Air Force truck, based on the dash sticker...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Day Tripper

Wow, from your pictures, it looks like your deuce is parade ready. Body looks good, even the paint, troop seats don't look like they are rotted. If you are happy with the mechanical situation of the vehicle, other than minor issues, you have a nice deuce.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from west of the valley and nice looking truck. I have a friend that has a gun ring that will fit the post on your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks