• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insane $150k M818! this is worth a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the furthest I've ever seen anyone take a military. Go to your favorite flea bay online auction house and search for this:

[h=2]1970 jeep kaiser 5ton military 6x6 4door turbo gloss black full custom 53''tire[/h]

I would like to see a video of this truck driving around...

*disclaimer: I am in no way connected to this vehicle, it's purely a cool looking rig I happened across and wanted to share
M818 s-l1600.jpg

danomano

Wow.... 150K and the reserve is not even met yet, IE actually price is more than 150K... That would be great for the seller if it sells but I kinda doubt it will.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's called more money than sense. However. Stupid is born every day and hes got plenty of friends.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys know I laugh at people who think their stuff is worth 5 to 10 times what we all know its REALLY worth and I think is ridiculous that they are wasting time and money even asking those stupid prices for their stuff, Maybe I have been proven wrond and need to STOP laughing, like Wes said stupid has new friends being born every day!!!!
Karl

tommys2patrick

You would think that for that kind of money and all the other work that was done the builder would have separated the rear axles farther apart. would not take much of a rock or flex in the suspension to do major damage to tires/suspension/drivetrain. basically an awesome looking hangar queen or trailer daisy or boat anchor.

74M35A2

If he gets it, we'll all be 4-dooring 809 series trucks. Rare but could happen. infidelgotme had his M923a2 at a car show in FL, somebody that owns his own physical therapy company walked up and asked how much, catfish told him $23k, and the guy wrote him a check. So, it can happen in a snap. Probably not for $100k more, but nothing would surprise me, and we'll all be jealous.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would not have taken any more work to fit the hood on it. Just route the turbo pipe over the rear head as many others have down and that's it.M818 s-l1600_20.jpg

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Meh, there aren't even any Jakes on it.....Amateur!

AANNNDDD, with the "charge air cooler" mounted against the block, how does that work?

Last edited:

Outpost603

I've seen the truck and while I don't think it's remotely worth the price, it was built to be a show truck and nothing else. That being said I can certainly appreciate all the fab work that went into the truck and to each their own. Anyone who makes an effort to be an innovator and not follow along with the norm usually gets the response I've seen from a few of you - never ceases to amuse me how haters are gonna hate.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
not follow along with the norm usually gets the response I've seen from a few of you - never ceases to amuse me how haters are gonna hate.
Not from around here, are you? Throwing out terms like "hater" doesn't get you any brownie points. As was rightly pointed out, doing something stupid just to be different still equals STUPID. Someone with more money than sense can throw a deuce bed full of cash at a rock and be called "an innovator." It's still a rock.

Outpost603

Not from around here, are you? Throwing out terms like "hater" doesn't get you any brownie points. As was rightly pointed out, doing something stupid just to be different still equals STUPID. Someone with more money than sense can throw a deuce bed full of cash at a rock and be called "an innovator." It's still a rock.
My bad - I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Actually there was a decent amount of work involved in putting the truck together even if it was just for "show". I can respect the paint work, the welding, etc without enjoying the outcome or calling someone STUPID which anywhere regardless if I am new around here is just being a hater in my opinion which by the way I am certainly entitled to have unless you have an issue with me thinking for myself.

Thanks for trying to bully me into your way of thinking though!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
• Do not post material that is intended to bait others to a conflict.

74M35A2

Everybody has a reasonable right to do what they want, think what they want, and say what they want. Agreeing to disagree and stopping there is what seperates the grown-ups.

I hope the guy gets as much $ as he can, why not right? The more he gets, the more all of ours are worth, one would want to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks